Overview of PLLS’ Technology Services
Prairie Lakes Library System’s technical support program can be divided into a number of different categories of service:
- General Member Library Service. PLLS staff provide general IT-related consulting, deployment and maintenance of Wide Area Network service, email service, and other general technology-related services that fall under the broad requirements of Wisconsin’s regional public library systems. This program is limited to member libraries of LLS.
- Local IT Service. PLLS staff deploy, maintain, and support certain in-house technology assets of member libraries on an “opt-in” basis. Local IT work performed by PLLS staff is billed at an hourly rate, plus mileage. This service is limited to member libraries of LLS.
- Critical Support for the SHARE Consortium. PLLS staff deploy, maintain, and support the mission-critical systems that allow the SHARE integrated library system (ILS) software to function. PLLS staff respond to specifically defined “critical support scenarios” in an expedited fashion, outside of normal business hours, if necessary. A critical support phone line is provided. This service is available to any member library of SHARE.
- General Support for the SHARE Consortium. PLLS staff provide day-to-day support for the various components of the SHARE ILS software, hardware policy structure, and interconnected infrastructure. General SHARE support is available to any member library of PLLS as a free service, and is available to other institutions as a fee-based service via individual support agreements between the PLLS Board and the primary governing bodies of the other institutions.
Documents Related to the PLLS and SHARE Technology Services:
- Official PLLS & SHARE Technology Policies
- PLLS Equipment Co-Op Items
- PLLS Technology and Resource Sharing Plan
- List or Recommended Peripheral Equipment