Board of Trustees
Public Meeting Documents
- March 22, 2023 – Public Meeting Page
- February 22, 2023 – Public Meeting Page
- January 23, 2023 – Special Meeting – Public Meeting Page
- January 4, 2023 – Public Meeting Page
- January 4th, 2023 Board Meeting Agenda, Materials, and Minutes.
- January 23rd, 2023 Special Board Meeting Agenda, Materials, and Minutes.
About the Board of Trustees
The Prairie Lakes Library System Board of Trustees is the governing body of the library system. Trustees are appointed by action of each participating county board of supervisors. Six trustees are appointed by Racine County, five trustees are appointed by Rock County, and four trustees are appointed by Walworth County – a total of fifteen trustees. A public library system board has the same legal powers as a municipal library board with respect to system-wide functions and services that a municipal library board has with respect to local functions and services. In other words, the system board’s primary functions are:
- hire and supervise a qualified system director,
- exercise fiscal oversight by approving a budget and reviewing system expenditures, and
- create policies to guide system operations.